Skip to content Skip to footer

Feedback and complaints

If you have any feedback or suggestions about the service we’ve provided, you can fill in the feedback form below.

You can also fill out our Satisfaction Survey here.

If you have a complaint, please read the information below about our client complaints procedure below for details of other ways you can let us know that you’re unhappy.

Feedback form

    Client complaints procedure

    Every year we help thousands of people. However, every so often someone comes away from a bureau feeling unhappy. Perhaps you had to wait for ages, only to find out that there is very little we can do for you. Perhaps you felt that you were not treated with respect or courtesy. Perhaps our advice didn’t help or was wrong.

    Unfortunately, these things happen. We know we are not perfect. But we aim to be. That is why we have a complaints procedure. Sometimes we can put things right; sometimes we can only explain ourselves and apologise. But we do want to learn from our mistakes. What you tell us helps to improve our service to you.

    We will treat your complaint confidentially, seriously and quickly.

    What to do if you have a complaint

    It’s important to let us know that you’re unhappy and to give us the chance to put things right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the manager or deputy manager – she or he might be able to sort out the problem straight away. Otherwise, move to the more formal process.

    If you’re not a client, ask a member of our team to explain the third-party complaints procedure to you.

    Making a formal complaint

    There are several ways to make a complaint. You can put the information in a letter and send it to our Hereford office or drop it at reception (see below for the address). Complaints can be addressed to the bureau manager or chair. You can also tell us on the phone or face-to-face that you want them to investigate your complaint.

    If you prefer, you can ask Citizens Advice to refer your complaint to us. You can complain via Citizens Advice by calling their complaints line (see below). Or you can email your complaint. Citizens Advice will assess who is the best person to handle your complaint and ask them to deal with it.

    Your complaint will be investigated by a manager under the direction of the chair of trustees, or by the chair if you are complaining about the manager. If it’s upheld, you’ll get a full apology and, where appropriate, be given details of any action that we’re taking to put things right. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask for a further review. We’ll tell you how to do this.

    We aim to respond in full to your complaint in eight weeks. However, if the issue is complicated, any delay will be explained and you’ll be kept informed of progress.

    Review of your complaint

    If you’re still not happy after the bureau’s response, you can request a further review.

    The review will be conducted under the direction of the Citizens Advice Chief Executive. If you’re still not happy, you can ask for your complaint to be looked at by an Independent Adjudicator.

    Review by an Adjudicator

    Finally, your complaint may go to a person who is entirely separate from the Citizens Advice service. This person is called the Independent Adjudicator. If you want to progress to this stage, you must do so within four weeks of receiving the Citizens Advice review.

    Financial Ombudsman Service

    The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not-for-profit debt advice providers.

    The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once we have had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.

    If your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your credit record and you’re not satisfied with our final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint.

    Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service

    By post:

    Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza
    183 Marsh Wall
    London E14 9SR

    By phone:

    0800 0 234 567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (eg a landline at home)
    0300 123 9 123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.

    By email:


    You can send your complaint to

    The Manager or the Chair of the Trustee Board at:

    Herefordshire Citizens Advice Bureaux
    8 St Owen Street
    HR1 2pj

    By phone:

    01432 270 536

    By email:

    Or make your complaint via Citizens Advice

    By phone:

    03000 231 900

    By email:

    This site uses cookies.  Find out more about our use of cookies.

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.