Get Involved – Volunteer with us
if you want to be a part of a vital service at the heart of your local community and you’d like to develop your skills, consider volunteering for Citizens Advice Herefordshire (CAH).
What types of voluntary work can I do with the Citizens Advice Herefordshire?
- Advisers, who provide advice and information to members of the public.
- Admin Assistants/Receptionists, who type perform general office duties and “meet and greet” clients who arrive at bureau.
How much time would I have to give?
- Volunteer advisers are asked to give 10 hours a week during the initial training, and then 5-10 hours per week.
- Reception volunteers are asked to give 4 hours per week for at least one year.
- Administration volunteers are asked to give 4 hours per week for at least one year
What qualifications will I need to volunteer?
- All you need to train as an adviser is to enjoy helping people and to be:
- Good at listening
- Able to work in a team
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Able to meet time commitment
Do you pay expenses?
- The organisation will pay reasonable travel expenses to and from the organisation or other venues you attend as a necessary part of your volunteer role.
- How old do I have to have to be to volunteer?
To volunteer for the organisation you must be 16 or over
How do I apply?
- If you would like further information or an application pack please contact our Training Manager or fill out our application form: Volunteer Application Form – Hereford
- E mail: email@example.com
- Write To: The Volunteer Operations and Training Manager, Citizens Advice Herefordshire, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford, HR1 2PJ