Citizens Advice Herefordshire is committed to safeguarding your privacy, while providing a high quality of service. We will treat your personal information as confidential and your details will not be given or sold to anyone.
This charter sets out the standards you can expect when we ask for, or hold, your personal information.
We collect data to:
- ensure the advice we give you is correct
- to retrieve your information if you need another service
- to provide anonymous statistics to our stakeholders
- to share with our partners who provide services to you
When we ask you for personal information, we promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- ask only for what we need
- not collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who should not
We adhere to the following codes of practice:
- We abide by the law including the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling personal information.
- We ensure that if your information is shared with another organisation, this is only done with your permission.
- We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office’s ‘Data Sharing Code of Practice’ when we share information to ensure the other organisation treats your information with the same level of care as Citizens Advice.
- Citizens Advice does not sell personal information about our clients, staff or volunteers to commercial organisations.
- We provide training to staff who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly.
Access to personal information:
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it.
- tell you who it could be disclosed to.
- let you have a copy of the information.
We handle all information in a manner that respects the rights of individuals and which complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
To request any of your personal information held by us please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to us at our registered office (shown at the foot of this page).
If you are unhappy with how we hold your data please speak to a member of management team and/or follow the complaints procedure (see our Feedback and complaints page or ask us for more information).