Skip to content Skip to footer

Get advice

The Citizens Advice service can help with lots of different problems, like making sense of benefits, dealing with debt, problems at work or issues with housing. This page explains how you can get in touch if you need advice or information.

Get advice online

If your problem isn’t very complicated, or if you’d like to see if you can find the information you need, you can visit the main Citizens Advice website. There’s lots of useful and detailed information to help you deal with common problems quickly and simply.

If your problem is more complicated or you think you need to speak to someone and you live or work in Herefordshire, then you can contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help.

Drop-in session

We are open for drop-in sessions every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 am to 12 pm, excluding bank holidays. Our office is on 8 St Owen’s St, HR1 2PJ (see map).

Call us

If you’d like to speak to someone, you can call us on 0344 826 9685.

Our telephone advice service is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Friday from 10am – 3pm.

Calls cost the same as calling a normal 01 or 02 number. Our phone lines can get quite busy at times, so if we’re busy when you call please try again or take a look at the other ways you can get in touch with us.

Confidentiality: Your privacy and confidentiality is important to us, therefore our call-backs come from a ‘private’ number. We will not be able to confirm who we are until we have confirmed we are speaking to the person who left a message or we have your specific permission to leave a message.

One of our trained volunteers will talk through the problem you have and then work out the best way for you to get the help you need. Depending on the type of issue, they might be able to:

  • Provide you with the information or advice you need over the phone,
  • Help you find the right organisation to help, or
  • If we’re the best people to help, arrange for you to see one of our advisers at our Hereford office or at one of our Outreaches

Ask us to call you back

If you’re not able to call us, or if you’re contacting us on behalf of someone else, you can ask us to call you/them back instead. There are two ways you can ask for a call-back. We aim to respond to call-back requests within 5 working days, although we’ll usually try to contact you more quickly than this. Our calls will show as a ‘private number’.

Send us a text message

Just send a text message with the word ADVICE followed by your name to:

0786 00 77 311

Texts cost the same as texting a standard UK mobile number.

Referral information. If you are a professional contacting us on behalf of the client, please use our Professional Referrals form here.

Fill in our call-back request form

I consented for my information to be shared with Citizens Advice Herefordshire and to be contacted by an advisor. (required)

Email us

To contact us by email you can either complete our contact form or, if you prefer, send us an email to

Important: When you email us, please make sure to include enough detail in your message for us to help you. Make sure you include things like dates of events or decisions, amounts if there’s money involved and names of companies/government departments. If you don’t use our contact form, please be sure to include the same details in your email. This will make it easier for us to help you more quickly.

We aim to reply to emails within 5 working days after we receive them, although we can usually reply more quickly than this.

Before you send us an email, you should take a moment to read through our Email Privacy and Confidentiality page, which contains very important information.

Advice contact form

    This site uses cookies.  Find out more about our use of cookies.

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.