Debt, Money Management and Energy Advice
If you are struggling to manage your money (i.e. paying your water bills or other household bills, credit cards or other consumer debts) and would like some advice from one of our expert money advice caseworkers contact us by:
- Telephoning our Advice Line on 0344 826 9685. Our telephone advice service is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday from 10am – 3pm.
- Text – on 0786 00 77 311 – Stating (i) your name (ii) your postcode (iii) the type of advice needed (for example DEBT, HOUSING or BENEFITS). We will then call you back on your mobile phone.
- Email – Online at firstname.lastname@example.org for initial contact by email. Please also give us a contact phone number in case we need to contact you for more information.
When contacting us, please make sure you have information about your income (wages, benefit awards, pensions and other income) and a list of your regular expenses (such as rent, council tax, gas/electricity, water etc.). Our Budget Tool can help you with this.
You can also access lots of useful information on our Debt and Money Advice Guide pages.
Clients who have debts or have difficulty managing their money are assisted to look at their current Income and Expenditure (budget). We then identify whether they can save any money in order to reduce their expenditure and/or maximise their income.
We also provide advice on benefits/tax credits and look at other ways in which clients can maximise their income.
Citizens Advice Herefordshire provides:
- Advice on utility/energy/fuel issues to individuals.
- Advice on how comparing fuel tariff’s and finding the best deal for you.
- Advice on how to switch suppliers after finding the best deal.
- Energy Awareness Training Sessions in the community for consumers and frontline workers of other charitable organisations.
- These sessions raise awareness of the potential savings made by switching or negotiating with fuel providers.